Imagine

Imagine
Image from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg

Monday 28 April 2014

The Lost Truth - Chapter 7: The Griffiness (By Daydreamer)

The griffin hopped up onto Anna's lap, and rubbed against her. "I meant exactly what I said. I'm YOUR griffin. Only you can hear me, see me, raise me. Before you came here, I was just a strange egg in a grocery store's supply closet that no one paid attention to."

Anna was still really freaked out, but she kept the griffin on her lap. "So, if they can't see you, what do they see?"

The griffin curled up as much as one is able to and almost purred, "They either see a baby eagle or a lion cub. It depends on what I'm doing."

Anna stroked the creature gently while she asked it more questions. Apparently, it was part of her history. "Let me see that paper," it said, and Anna took the parchment out of her pocket and unfolded it.

The griffin got up and walked over to it, batting the corners with its tiny paws. Anna cleared her throat and the griffin stopped and began to read, like it was looking for something specific. "Aha!" it yelled. "I found it! The part after the Spanish section is all in griffin. It reads:

"...a mythical creature he has heard of in a family legend. It had the head of an eagle, and the body of a lion. The warrior searched far and wide, but could never find one. The legend said that someone in his family would discover one. They would be the Griffiness.

"That's all it says here in my language. I hoped that helped." Anna smiled at the griffin, admiration in her eyes.

"That helped very much. Thank you, uh, what should I call you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment