Imagine

Imagine
Image from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg

Sunday 25 February 2018

Prose Poetry

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone doing today? I know it has been awhile I have been learning about creative writing and I thought I'd share with you all what I've learnt so far. Today's topic: Prose Poem!

Note: Those who want to know what I've been upto in my life please click: Here

What is prose poem?

Firstly, you all know that I have no clue when it comes the rulings of poetry - in a way I like it that way because it allows me to be free in expressing my version of what poetry is. I won't stop with that style either. However, learning about another kind of poetry really interested me and opened my creative mind towards something different and interesting. I can expand and explore more about creative writing and I'm learning so much more about it too.

At first I found it difficult to understand what prose poetry was, but I re-read my contents and understood it when I attempted my first prose poetry. My teacher - a wonderful and inspiring person as she is (Hello if you're reading this!) - explained it to me so I could understand better.

We should first break down what each word means let's start with 'prose'. Prose is written and spoken in a grammatical structure, forming sentences rather than stanzas like a poem. It is like telling a short story as rather a poem, so it has paragraphs.

Now a poem is more written in verses, focuses on image-driven metaphors rather than a prose which describes an image or metaphor.

As for a prose poem it is a mixture of both, it's written in the form of paragraphs but still has the poetry theme of poetic meter has language play and also repitetion. Another thing is that it has all the 5 senses in it as well.

It's so interesting to see how writing can be written in such a form. After attempting it the first time and editing from the feedback I will be posting my first every pose poem so please look forward to it!

If you make any prose poem please share them with me I would love to read them and see them.

Take and think positive and I will see you in my next post!

Tarana xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment